Arkansas Information (General)
- Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
Official source for license information, fishing regulations.
- Arkansas Parks and Tourism
- Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture
Contains historic photos of Arkansas, including the White River pre-and-post-dam construction. Look under the various White River counties to find interesting photos, e.g. Washington, Benton, Carroll, Marion, Baxter, Izard and Stone. Also, search "Branyan" for water resource entries I've written.
- Trout Nature Center
Arkansas Water Resource Pages
This is the USACE's mirror site for stream flow and lake level data. For Arkansas data, choose "Little Rock District," and then "White River Basin." It is often available when the district website is down.
- Southwestern Power Administration
Includes estimated power generation schedules for all the powerhouses in the SPA region
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers—Little Rock District
Access to press releases, project site information, maps, and helpful water resource information on Beaver, Table Rock, Bull Shoals, Norfork, and Greers Ferry Lakes
- USGS Arkansas Water Resources
Technical stream flow data for rivers and streams in Arkansas
Conservation Groups & Fly Fishing Clubs (Local)
- Arkansas Chapter 514 of Trout Unlimited
- Arkansas' White River Chapter 698 of Trout Unlimited
- Friends of the Norfork National Fish Hatchery
- Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers
- North Arkansas Fly Fishers
Includes information on NFAA's booklet, The Wade Fisherman's Guide to the White, North Fork, and Spring Rivers.
- Missouri Department of Conservation
Official source for license information, fishing regulations in Missouri.
- Southern Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers
- Tulsa Fly Fishers
- Pointe West Resort (Beaver tailwater)
Motel with a view of Beaver Lake. One mile from Beaver Dam.
- Angels Retreat (Bull Shoals tailwater)
Private guest house and campground on the river with secluded access.
- Riley's Station Hide-away (Bull Shoals tailwater)
Retreat cabins near the confluence of the White and Buffalo Rivers.
- Rim Shoals Lodge (Bull Shoals tailwater)
Lodging at one of Bull Shoals tailwater's prime catch and release sections. Basic fly shop also on premises.
- The White River Inn (Bull Shoals tailwater)
Luxury bed and breakfast in a true lodge setting overlooking the White River.
- PJ's Lodge & Dining (Bull Shoals tailwater)
Lodging and fine dining on Bull Shoals tailwater below Norfork confluence.
- River of Life Farm (North Fork River, Missouri)
Myron McKee's lovely place on the unimpounded portion of the North Fork in Missouri.
River and Lake Cams
- Beaver Lake
Near North Clifty arm of Beaver Lake.
About four miles below Bull Shoals Dam
- His Place Resort
Bull Shoals tailwater above the Hwy 412 bridge (approximately 16 miles downstream from Bull Shoals dam)
- Gene's Trout Fishing Resort on Norfork tailwater
Two camera views (upstream and downstream)
- Upper Buffalo River Air Quality Cam
Forest Service Air Quality Cam on the Upper Buffalo River
- National Weather Service—Little Rock, AR
- National Weather Service—Tulsa, OK
- NWS Climate Prediction Center
- NWS Hydrometeorological Prediction Center
- NWS Storm Prediction Center
- Arkansas Road Conditions
This is the State of Arkansas Highway Department map of road conditions at iDriveArkansas.com. Click on the skidding auto and/or snowflake icons for current winter road conditions.
- Oklahoma Road Conditions
- Missouri Road Conditions
- NOAA UV Index Forecast
- Space Science and Engineering Center
Cool, real time satellite imagery via University of Wisconsin's SSEC.